Thursday, February 25, 2010

Oyster Stout Update #1

This beer started out at 1.071 9 days ago, and it's only down to 1.032. I'm expecting 1.o15ish for my T.G. but I'm hoping for >1.010. I want this beer to beer very dry. Damn those last 5-7 gravity points. Might consider using some sort of wine yeast later on , but I really don't think that's going to be necessary. When I tasted it there was a definite sweetness, but I know that will fade as it continues to ferment(Mmmmm...taste the progress!). The hops were overpowered by the yeast for now, but the blend I used tastes inviting and complex. The oyster flavor? I couldn't taste much of it. Will it be more present later on once the beer has aged/settled down? Not quite sure yet. I can't wait to add the shells!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment