Sunday, February 21, 2010

14.89

I had to bottle, but it's way to nice too be inside all day. This was a small batch I made the first day of 2010 using 3711FrSaison, Montrachet, and Brett. Lambicus yeasts. It's more of an experiment to see if I can make a "house" strain of yeast that will ferment well together, make consistently good beer, and do so under many different conditions. I pitched all the yeasts together in primary hoping that they would form some sort of symbiotic relationship. It was a team-building exercise if you will. I wasn't very happy with the results when I checked it about a month ago. Today during the bottling process there was a whole lot of tasting. "They" made a really clean beer, but I can't taste much from the brett. It's still really young, and now comes the hard part...waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment