Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome Home!



(This is all the "shake" from a 5lb. bag of Zeus hops. Mmmmmmm)

When I said my posts would be sporadic I lied. I meant non-existent. Between moving, not brewing, and losing my camera it was hard to come up with anything worthwhile. Now that I'm pretty much fully established it's going to be trial by fire. I'm upstairs now, which is VERY different from my last house. I could be as loud as I want, and make the biggest fucking mess, and no one would care in my old place. That is definitely not the case now. I plan on hooking EVERYTHING up to quick disconnects, and streamlining my whole process. I try to re-use, and/or save as much water as possible, but now I'm trying to store any extra water in kegs, carboys, and buckets. A pump, and a plate chiller would be the shit. I brewed my first batch of beer in my new place, and things went pretty smoothly.

I had plans to do a beef jerky stout for my inaugural experiment, but my new roommate works at Elephants Delicatessen, and brought me home one of the best fucking pieces of pie I've ever had(I'm sure the drunk munchies had nothing to do with it). All I could think of was a pint of stout to go with my dessert. Being the ambitious brewer I am, I did another double batch to split in two. They will both live an identical lifestyle until it's time to keg. One will condition with jerky, and the other will mellow on top of an entire marionberry pie.

My next project is to brew a 6gal. batch with the private collection Wyeast"Leuven" Yeast, and split it up into 1gal. jugs, and add different bacterias and yeast. Claussenii, delbrucki, lambicus, and bruxellensis.

The pilot brewery is back in operation.

1 comment:

  1. Let me know if you need help blogging. I'll keep you posted on the Block 15 update.

    ReplyDelete