Tuesday, May 25, 2010

One Beers Trub is Another Batch's Treasure

After moving King Harvest to secondary, I pondered what to do with the leftover watermelon. I decided to go stout. I crushed up some country malt sample packets given to me by a local brewer, and just added some DME for ease. Good ol' Zeus to bitter, and some NZ hallertau for aroma plus about a gallon and a half of the dregs from KH. I decided to add some brett lambicus just to see what happens. I'm not sure if I've ever had a watermelon stout, or a brett infected stout, or a sour watermelon beer at all. A mere 3 hours after I brewed it there was an explosion! Of course I was out so not only did I miss it, but it made an extra large mess.

(notice the lid to the airlock in the bottom right hand corner )

No comments:

Post a Comment