Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Date With My Palm(Sugar)

A guy came into the store a while back, and mentioned something about date sugar. I immediately went to New Seasons, and bought a pound of it. They also had palm sugar, which I've experimented with before. I got 2 pounds of it, but the brand of palm sugar I got this time had far more unrefined darkness than the last one I used. I re-pitched a jar of the 3726Farmhouse from the dubbel I made a while back. When I got the date sugar home I realized that there was oat flour in it as well, so she might be a little chewy. You can't really tell from the picture, but looking through all the beer in the carboy it has a purple hue. In the 3/8 siphon tubing it looks golden. We'll see how it looks in a pint glass!
In the kettle

2-11 24 hours into fermentation

2-13

2-15

2-17

No comments:

Post a Comment